Thursday, July 30, 2009

Milestones, frustrations, and other crap.

So, I have been away from blogging for a little while, not on purpose, it's out of my control. I have picked up a new client, and he has been a pain in the rear with his issues. Nonetheless, I am back on here and on 5uperFive.com. So, for the update. I have also had to cancel my pt sessions, but I have been doing a ton of weight room, and balance work on my own. My leg press is up to 150 lbs, with 2 legs, and 50 lbs on one leg. I am also doing hip work, calves, single leg squats, and etc... I did suffer a minor set back, I was running on the tread mill, and tweaked my hammy last week. I have stopped running for the time being, giving myself a few weeks to let my hammy rest a bit. I have also taken up heavy bag training, which is killer cardio, and a good way to develop upper body strength. It is a bit frustrating to having to deal with soreness, and general weakness in the quad. I feel mentally I should be further into it than I am. I have to keep reminding my self, it's a process, it's all about milestones. It still is a 6 month recovery, but I am thinking more of a year recovery. The good news is I have started throwing the ball, and that feels better.

Fernando #5

1 comment:

  1. Hey Fernando,
    Don't push yourself too hard. It might only make things worse. Good luck on the rest of your recovery.

    -Hua

    ReplyDelete