Monday, May 18, 2009

Start Of Week 8, and follow up Dr. Appointment

So, here we are the start of week 8. Right now, we coasting during our PT sessions. We are adding some tweaks to our routine, but nothing really changes. I had my follow up with Dr. Walter, it went well, he checked my knee, asked if I had any issues, and gave me some weaker pain meds. I something I have not done since I started recovery, I took two days off from PT, and weight lifting. It helped me relax my leg, and body. It also did something mentally, it allowed me to re-focused. I now know the reality is I have 4 weeks from being able to run, and get into more intense training. For those who are dealing with the same situation be strong, push yourself so that you can get past the mental hurdles. So, for this week, I am cutting down to 1 appointment a week during my pt sessions, its about progress and work. Here is another thing for those who are recovering from ACL surgery, your knee will feel weird. Every time my knee feels weird I used to freak out, and now I am getting a bit used to it. It's a weird mix of patience, hard work, and being careful. I ask my PT every little thing, and I know it may get on his nerves, but there is nothing better than having peace of mind. So, till later on this week kids, keep working, and you will back to normal soon.
Fernando #5

No comments:

Post a Comment