Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Week 6, and 7

So, first thing is first, I have not actually posted in 2 weeks. I have been really buys working out at the gym, and getting to PT 2 times a week. So, for week 6 the milestone was the swelling has gone down alot, I have increased my PT workouts, which is a well deserved change. So, my PT routine consists of quad shuttle, double, and single legged on my repaired knee. Leg band balance work, stationary biking, hamstring, and quad stretching, wobble board, weighted walking, singled legged medicine ball throwing, wall squats, elyptical machine, and walking backwards on a treadmill. So, its a 2 hour session. The main milestone for these two weeks has been my extension is also back in my leg. I have really focused on stretching and getting that extension back to normal. It has paid off, so a word of advise, stretch that leg, and get it going. So, the outlook for the next 5 weeks will be balance, strength, and flexion. I also have an appointment with my surgeon on Friday of this week, this is just a follow up, routine check up. So, I expect nothing new to happen here. I have been really busting ass trying to get my upper body strength back. I am happy to report my chest press has gotten back to 290, and my shoulders are getting back to their normal strength. Which is important. Once I get back to jogging, I will finally feel better. My leg feels pretty normal, but do not let that fool you. From what I understand, the 7 to 12 week, and the 12 to 20 week phase are the most critical. 7 to 12 weeks the ligament is actually regenerating, and becoming stronger, while this happens, it actually becomes really week. So, you need to be very careful with it. During the 12 to 20 week period there is still some strength that needs to be regained. The knee may feel good, but you still have to regain your leg strength before you can fully go 100% on it. So, word to the wise, follow your PT plan, work hard, but well supervised, and you will be back to normal sooner, rather than later. So, until next week, we have several cool things going on in our football league, and will be talking more about it soon. If anyone dealing with this process as I am has any questions, please feel free to ask, I will be posting more pics of my knee, and leg soon.

Fernando #5

No comments:

Post a Comment