Sunday, October 18, 2009

Race for the Cure

So, yesterday was the race for the cure 5k. I participated in te event. I ran in the memory of a very special lady in my life growing up, it was exciting to get out and run a timed event since ACL surgery. It has been 6 and a half months. My quad are about the same size, my left left still needs to get stronger, but I have been running ad much as I can so I figured I could do the event, and get some good time. I finished in 31 minutes, if there would have been less people in front of me I could have been done in 28 minutes. Not bad for a reconstructed knee. Afterwards, I was sore. My patella was a lot more sore, my muscle was fatigued. So, again there are reminders that I am not fully recoverd yet, I am getting close, but it is there. my goal is to run the turkey trot next month. On thanksgiving day, it's a 10k. Which is going to require me to run more, I think I am up for the challenge. So, for all the breast cancer survivors, god bless, stay strong, we are behind you!

In Loving Memory of
Lanona Higginbottom


-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment