Thursday, October 15, 2009

Squats, Dead legged lifts, and other intense work outs.

So, I have been really lazy with blogging, work, life, and the gym take up most of my time. Recently, I went to a rough patch with my training. It all seemed really the same, I was not feeling it. So, I slowed down a bit, and took some time away, and rested. Now, back with a new focus, I decided to get back to the basics. Power lifting, getting my base stronger. So, I have started working on more power lifting, squatting, and really working on hamstring work. Which from what I understand is essential to have a pretty balanced strength regiment. So, I have progressed to 225 lbs dead lifts, 170 lbs rack squats. 70 lbs knee extensions. A ton of hip work, hamstring work outs. Quad sets, single leg work. Some bosu work, some band work, you name it I have done it. I also took the field, and ran some pass routes, I am not talking light jogging, I am talking get your leg in the dirt, and push hard, stop, and change directions. At first, it seemed a bit odd. Since I know there is a ton of work that still needs to be done, before my left leg feels as normal as my right. It felt great, not only was it mentally pleasing, but it felt really good to stress my new knee, and not worry about it giving out. The biggest eye opener was a pass I threw on the run, running towards my left. I planted with all my weight, drove my weight and zipped it in there, just like I was able to do early last year. I knew, then and there, I was back. Am I 100%, no, am I 80%, yes. Will I get back to normal. It is not a question of If, it is a question of when. I have been doing all I can to get back. Working HARD, doing the little things, as lame as may seem to others who are have not done this before. I had one of my players ask me the other day, wow you look better than some people who are not injured, I said, unless you have been down this road, you just don't know what it is. I will continue to push myself, remembering what the therapist told me, it's about hard work, and smart work. Knowing where the weakness is and attacking. For all my peers who are dealing with this crappy injury, hang in there. Work HARD, and keep your head up.

Fernando Zavala
#5

No comments:

Post a Comment