Thursday, June 4, 2009

Start Of Week 10

So, this last PT session I had was the best one I have had since surgery. I finally feel like I am making progress. My leg feels stronger, and better. I have been stretching it every chance I get, and I have also been massaging it to make sure the scar is loosening up. With running on the horizon I finally found out that my insurance only approves a max of 20 visits to my pt per year. This put's me in a bind, since this will put me till about week 17 or so of this process. From there it will all be out of pocket, which does not seem so bad, but I want to make sure that my knee is healing correctly. So, for now I have 2 weeks, and I should be able to start to run a bit. This is huge for me, I am so ready to get back to some kind of running. Everything is one step at a time, and this is all part of the process, but I am glad I am moving along. I have been doing a ton of PT on my own as well, following the same protocol I do at pt, but on my own. The other weird thing I have going on is that my leg has been popping lately. Which from what I hear is normal, and well it does not hurt, its just something new to get used too. I will have to admit, it freaks me out even now, but I know the scar tissue, and weak muscles have something to do with it. So, again I stay on course another day, lifting weights, working the leg, and not doing anything stupid. Till next time, remember you get what you put it, so work that leg, and ice it.


Fernando # 5



3 comments:

  1. My knee snaps, crackles and pops all the time. It's true you will get used to it. It still catches me off guard sometimes, but usually it feels better after it pops!

    Good luck with the running!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat, it's just recently started snap. I can't wait to start running either, I've got another 3 weeks though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I am still waiting to run, I am sure I will start next week. I am only going once a week. The popping is getting easier to deal with. Good luck to all of you.

    Fernand

    ReplyDelete