Thursday, April 16, 2009

PT Week 2

So, Tuesday I made it in for my weekly PT appointment. My extension, and flexion more importantly is getting better. I was able to unlock my brace, and it has been great. I was told I can sleep with out my brace which has been a god send. Since these post op braces are heavy, and uncomfortable. As far as work outs go, they have me on the bike with no resistance. Then they had me stretch my leg back as far as I could with some bands. This was a bit painful, but I got thru it. Then I had a chance to do modified squats on my back with no weight, these felt OK, I busted thru these and allowed to do leg lifts with out my brace. Finally I was able to walk backwards on the treadmill backwards, which proved to be tougher that it looked. Finally, I had some stem work, and a 10 minute icing. The one other thing I did forget was that I have not been work out my scar, this is very important, work that scar. So, this week I will do non braced leg lifts, quad sets, bike (stationary with no resistance), and my normal workout routine which includes back, traps, shoulders, biceps, forearms, and abs. From what I was told next week, I will start more gated workouts, I am looking forward to those, but I know this is a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment