Monday, April 13, 2009

Week 3

So, this week has started off with more promise than last week. With my first week of rehab nearly complete. I can notice my quad muscle firing better, and growing some. It's amazing how with just leg lifts, and other various workouts your quad will fire, and get bigger. I finally put my heard handedness, and self pity away for good. It's really easy to fall into that type of thinking when you are laid up on the couch medicated. I am looking forward to a productive week at work, and in therapy. I am confident my extension is getting better, and with any luck I will be close to -2 tomorrow. I have also been getting more intense workouts at the gym in my upper body, and look forward to stepping it up this week as well. One thing that has been weighing on my mind ever since this whole thing started was when, and if I will ever strap on the pads again. I know, I am no spring chicken anymore, and well, I am not 30 yet, but I will 28 this year, and after this major knee surgery, I wonder if I have it in me anymore. Sure, I can, and will build more muscle. I will get my legs stronger, I will get my speed back. Is it worth it? I don't know if it is anymore. Maybe it's time to hang up the pads for good, and coach, train, and compete at something else. I will always have a love for the game, its the best in the world, but I don't know if I can go at it anymore. Not as fast as I want to, as hard as I want to. Sure there are some older people that play, but I want to be able to walk and run when I am 50. I will make sure and blog about rehab tomorrow, and let everyone know how my knee is progressing.

FAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment